In 1622, the Dutch people drove ship to attack Macau, the Dutch military detour Guia Hill, surrounded by the Portuguese army and became prisoner. They are arranged in an abandoned manor, to repair the city walls and build turrets. In the beginning, here is inhabited by Chinese, and some non-Portuguese foreign priests. During Qing Tongzhi years, the Macanese government dismantled the Campo walls, split the area into two districts, and divided by the street, the Avenida do Conselheiro Ferreira de Almeida (Ho Lan Un) and Rua de Abreu Nunes (Ho Lan Un Second Street). The Avenida do Conselheiro Ferreira de Almeida is Portuguese transliteration, it is named based on the an Portuguese Hugo Almeida (In 1895, he was appointed as Minister of Portuguese Maritime and Overseas). Since the name is not easy to read and remember, further here is the resettlement site for the Dutch prisoners, it is also called Ho Lan Un (refers Dutch garden in Chinese).
Ho Lan Un Street (the Avenida do Conselheiro Ferreira de Almeida) is named based on a Portuguese Hugo Almeida, he was born in 1847 and died in 1902, appointed as Minister of Portuguese Maritime and Overseas. Macau residents generally called Ho Lan Un Road or Ho Lan Un Street, referred to Ho Lan Un. Ho Lan Un is a historic street, in addition to being one of the main roads of Macau, it was a main commercial shopping district in the past. Ho Lan Un is a street connected to the Tap Seac Plaze and the central of Rua do Campo, its behind is the famous Creative Industries Promotion Association of St. Lazarus Church District, gathered a number of distinctive attractions.